Thank you for your interest in Niche Associates.
This position is full time (40 hours a week), with full benefits. Beginning pay for this position is $31,200 per year. The work schedule will be from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The work schedule is not negotiable.
You must desire long-term employment. Experience is preferred but not essential. Personal references are required. Work references are desired. Applicants will be required to take a comprehensive writing test.
To apply for this position, please submit ALL of the following application materials by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Make “Administrative Assistant” the subject line of your e-mail.
- A concise (one page or less), grammatically correct, cover letter summarizing your relevant qualifications (specify that you are applying for Administrative Assistant)
- Your resume (must contain a detailed work history-company names, dates, supervisors)
- A completed application form
- A completed reference check permission form
Typical duties will include: answering the phone and screening calls; making content changes to the company Web page; supporting work on client projects; monitoring and managing e-mail accounts; developing business opportunities; reviewing bid opportunities; providing administrative help in preparing bid documents; screening resumes and administering job applications for Niche managers; making reservations for airfare and hotels; preparing overnight shipments; performing hardware and software inventories; working with vendors, suppliers, and contractors; and various other administrative tasks.
To perform this job well, you must enjoy working with people. You must have the personality and personal skills necessary to work directly with clients. You must have patience. You must be able to switch between tasks often, without being frustrated. You must be organized and able to prioritize. You must be able to manage complex administrative tasks. You must have a take-charge attitude tempered with good judgment, so that you know when to proceed on your own and when to ask for guidance. You must be confident but not overbearing. You must have a good phone presence and a pleasant phone voice. You must learn quickly and work with speed. You must be willing to take responsibility for the quickest possible completion of assigned tasks. You must able to accommodate schedule adjustments. You must be very reliable; you must report for work every day, on time.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A broad knowledge of and proficiency in commonly used office software
- A professional-level knowledge of, and commercial experience with, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, including using Word styles and building complex spreadsheets
- Competency in English grammar
- The ability to compose well-written, concise business correspondence
- Internet research competency
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Some prior administrative assistant experience
- Competency in HTML and proficiency with at least one HTML editor
- The ability to make moderately complex content changes to the company web page
- Two or four-year degree
Please do not phone or contact us, except to apply at the provided e-mail address (email@example.com), until we contact you in response to your application. Unsolicited contacts will slow the selection process.
Niche Associates is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified applicants.