Content Developer, Network-Computing-Certified
We prefer applicants to be a Cisco-certified or an HP-certified computer networking professional (certification current). Other industry-significant certifications are acceptable.
The salary for this position will be at the high end of the market range for the applicant’s skills and experience (within the 65th to 95th percentile).
Niche Associates is headquartered in Utah, in the Salt Lake valley. Initially, you must work in the Salt Lake City area. If you do not live in this area you must be willing to relocate, at least temporarily. After training you might be able to work at a location of your choosing.
To apply for this position you must e-mail:
- A one-page cover letter summarizing your important qualifications
- Your resume (must contain a detailed work history—company names, dates, supervisors)
- A three-page technical training or technical writing sample
- An application form
- A completed reference check permission form
E-mail all required materials to email@example.com. Note the position you are applying for (Content Developer, Network-Computing-Certified) in the subject line of your e-mail.
To succeed in this position you must have a wide and deep understanding of computer networking technology and core concepts. This includes everything from the physical layer of computer networking (transmission devices and media and how signals are promulgated across a network), to networking data transfer protocols such as TCP/IP and BGP, to IP addressing (version 4 and version 6), to network computing security concepts and best practices, to the configuration of network switches, routers, security devices, and access devices and the protocols and core concepts underlying such configuration.
You must be able to demonstrate your knowledge by creating superior technical training materials. You must be able to very quickly and fully understand complex technical facts and concepts on your own. You must have very strong writing and editing skills. If you pass through preliminary screening, you will be required to take a comprehensive writing and editing test.,/p>
- BA or BS Degree, in a technical field or in a writing / communications-related field
- Cisco-certified or HP-certified computer networking professional (certification current), or another industry-significant certification
- A wide and deep understanding of computer networking technology and core concepts
- Strong writing / editing abilities, with writing samples that demonstrate these skills
- The ability to produce written, publication-quality material very quickly
- Ability to quickly and fully understand published technical material (teach yourself)
- Strong research skills
- A willingness to be edited (without taking feedback personally)
- The ability to effectively manage your time and projects
- Honesty, reliability, punctuality
- Several years of experience managing or designing complex network computing environments
- Proficiency in professional content development and delivery programs of all types ( for example InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, HTML editors, Learning Management Systems)
This position is a full time position. You must be able to work normal business hours, at either the Niche offices or a client site. You must be willing to occasionally work a flexible schedule; there will be instances when you are required to adjust your schedule in order to meet a deadline.
Niche Associates offers excellent benefits including paid medical and dental insurance, disability insurance, a 401k plan with a 50% employer match on up to 6% of salary, cafeteria plan, profit sharing, bonuses, paid personal time, paid holidays, and a pleasant work environment. Niche Associates also provides additional compensation (or flex time) for all hours worked over 80 in any two-week work period.
Please contact us only by the provided e-mail address unless we contact you and ask you to contact us in another way.
Niche Associates is an equal opportunity employer; we welcome applications from all qualified individuals.