Thank you for your interest in this position.
This position is full-time. You must be able to work during normal business hours (between 8 am and 6 pm, Monday through Friday).
Niche Associates is headquartered in Utah, in the Salt Lake valley. Initially, you must work in the Salt Lake valley area. If you do not live in this area you must be willing to relocate, at least temporarily. You might be assigned to work at a client location in or near the Salt lake Valley. After an extended training period, you might be able to work at a location of your choosing.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please e-mail:
- A cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position and identifying any unique qualifications that you have.
- A writing sample two to three pages in length, preferably business related
- A completed application form
- A completed reference check permission form
- Three work references, from persons who supervised your past work, or an explanation of why you do not have them.
You must submit ALL of the requested application materials. Send the required materials to email@example.com. Note the position you are applying for (Technical Writer) in the subject line of your e-mail.
We will consider applicants who have no commercial experience, including recent college graduates. However, we prefer two years of technical writing experience and a writing sample resulting from this experience.
Candidates must have impeccable writing and editing skills and an aptitude for understanding and explaining technical subjects. Applicants will be required to take a comprehensive writing and editing skills test.
To perform this job well, you must be able to quickly understand and apply documentation best practices to create clear and concise installation guides, user guides, and troubleshooting guides. You must have an aptitude for understanding technical information and for organizing it, so that you can explain technology in a clear, compelling way. You must be able to control voice and tone.
In addition, you must be very detail-oriented and have strong grammar skills. You must be a fast, independent worker, someone who can produce publication-quality first drafts and manage a heavy workload with minimal supervision.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Four year degree(s) in English, Marketing, Communications, or a technical field
- Impeccable writing and editing skills
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Strong Internet research skills
- Strong social skills (ability to work well with others)
- Willingness to be edited (without taking criticism personally)
- The ability to effectively manage your own projects and those of others
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous technical writing experience
- A journeyman’s understanding of computer networking or some other technical subject
Applicants must be able to work 40 hours a week and occasional overtime if needed.
Niche Associates offers a competitive salary and a pleasant work environment. To full-time employees Niche offers excellent benefits, including medical and dental insurance for which the company pays a large portion of the premium, a medical cafeteria plan (pre-tax deduction), 100% company paid disability insurance, a 401k plan with a generous matching contribution, profit sharing, performance bonuses, paid personal time, and paid holidays. Niche Associates also provides additional compensation (or flex time) for all hours worked over 80 in any two-week work period.
Please do not phone or contact us, except by the e-mail address provided, unless we ask you to contact us in another way.
Niche Associates is an equal opportunity employer; we welcome applications from all qualified individuals.