Training Content Developer, Network Computing
Niche Associates has two full-time, permanent positions open.
Niche Associates offers excellent benefits including paid medical and dental insurance, company-paid disability insurance, a 401k plan with a 50% employer match on up to 6% of salary, a cafeteria plan, paid personal time, paid holidays, profit sharing, performance bonuses, and a pleasant work environment.
The base salary for this position will be at the high end of the intermountain west market range for the applicant’s skills and experience (within the 65th to 75th percentile). The base salary does not include compensation paid for hours worked over 80 in any two-week work period.
Niche Associates recognizes the importance of a positive work / life balance. We strive to keep “overtime” hours to a minimum. Niche does not expect employees to work “overtime” hours without additional compensation. We provide additional compensation (or flex time) for all hours worked over 80 in any two-week work period.
Niche Associates prefers applicants who wish to live in the Salt Lake valley. Initially, you must work at the Niche offices in Sandy, Utah. If you do not live in this area you must be willing to temporarily relocate. After a successful training period during which you demonstrate the required qualifications and skills, you may live and work at a US location of your choosing. Logistical details must be worked out prior to and as part of the employment offer.
After hire, Niche will allow you to have a “flexible,” personal work schedule. However, as circumstances dictate, you will be required to adjust your schedule to meet deadlines.
To apply for this position you must e-mail:
- A one-page cover letter summarizing how you meet the qualifications
- Your resume (must contain a detailed work history—company names, dates, supervisors)
- A two to three-page writing sample, preferably on a technical subject
- An application form (download)
- A completed reference check permission form (download)
E-mail all required materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note the position you are applying for (Training Content Developer, Network Computing) in the subject line of your e-mail.
Please contact us only by the provided e-mail address unless we contact you and ask you to contact us in another way.
To succeed in this position you must have a wide and deep understanding of computer networking technology and the underlying concepts. This includes everything from the physical layer of computer networking (transmission devices and media and how signals are promulgated across a network), to networking data transfer protocols such as TCP/IP and BGP, to IP addressing (version 4 and version 6), to network computing security concepts and best practices, to the configuration of network switches, routers, security devices, and access devices and the protocols and core concepts underlying such configuration.
You must be able to demonstrate your knowledge by creating superior technical training materials. You must be able to very quickly and fully understand complex technical facts and concepts on your own. You must have very strong writing and editing skills. If you pass through preliminary screening, you will be required to take comprehensive writing and editing tests.
- BA or BS Degree, in a technical field or in a writing / communications-related field, or in instructional design
- A wide and deep understanding of computer networking technology and concepts
- Two years of experience creating in-depth content about computer networking
- Strong writing / editing abilities, with writing samples that demonstrate these skills
- The ability to quickly understand published technical material (teach yourself)
- The ability to produce publication-quality training material very quickly
- A willingness to be edited (without taking feedback personally)
- The ability to effectively manage multi-staff projects
- Proficiency in content development and delivery programs of many types
(i.e. PowerPoint, Captivate, InDesign, Acrobat, Learning Management Systems)
- Cisco-certified or HP-certified computer networking professional (certification current), or another industry-significant certification
- Several years of experience managing or designing complex network computing environments
Niche Associates is an equal opportunity employer; we welcome applications from all qualified individuals