Visual Content Developer
Thank you for your interest in this position.
For now, this position is a contract on an as-needed basis.
Niche Associates is headquartered in Utah, in the Salt Lake valley. Initially, you must work in the Salt Lake City area. If you do not live in this area you must be willing to relocate, at least temporarily. After training you might be able to work at a location of your choosing.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please e-mail:
- A cover letter identifying any unique qualifications that you have for this position.
- Your resume, with a chronological history of your education and work experience
- A portfolio of eight to ten samples of your work, demonstrating as many as possible of the skills and qualifications that are listed in the requirements below
- A completed application form (download form)
- A completed reference check permission form (download form)
- Three work references, from persons who supervised your past work, or an explanation of why you do not have them.
You must submit ALL of the requested application materials. Send the required materials to email@example.com. Note the position you are applying for (Visual Content Developer) in the subject line of your e-mail.
We will consider applicants who have no commercial experience (recent college graduates). However, we strongly prefer at least two years of commercial visual content development experience.
You must have an aptitude for understanding technical concepts and for creating visuals (graphics, animations, etc.) that clearly and effectively communicate technical concepts. You must be detail-oriented and be a fast, independent worker who can manage a heavy workload with minimal supervision.
You might be required to take a skills test.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Four year degree in Graphic Design or a similar field, with two years of commercial experience, or two year degree with four years of commercial experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe products
- Experience with FTP software, such as Fetch
- Strong Internet research skills
- Strong social skills (the ability to work well with others)
- The ability to effectively manage your own projects and those of others
- Ability to work under and deliver material under high pressure situations and deadlines
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with online course authoring software
- Adobe Captivate
- A journeyman’s knowledge of QuarkXPress
- A journeyman’s knowledge of a commercial-quality HTML editor
- Experience (commercial) with language / cultural translation of visual content
- Knowledge of multiple languages (near fluency)
- Basic knowledge of the following applications and tools:
- Corel Draw
- Adobe PageMaker
- Macromedia FreeHand
- Apple Scripting
Please do not phone or contact us, except by the e-mail address provided, unless we ask you to contact us in another way.
Niche Associates is an equal opportunity employer; we welcome applications from all qualified individuals.